An automatic watch is a beautiful and intricate timepiece that requires proper care and maintenance to keep it running smoothly. Here are some tips for looking after and servicing your automatic watch:
1. Keep it clean: Regularly wipe down your watch with a soft cloth to remove dirt and grime. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials, as they can damage the watch's finish.
2. Keep it wound: Automatic watches rely on the movement of your wrist to keep them wound. If you're not wearing your watch, place it in a watch winder or manually wind it every few days to keep it running.
3. Keep it lubricated: Automatic watches have many moving parts that need to be lubricated to keep them running smoothly. Have your watch serviced by a professional every 3-5 years to ensure that it is properly lubricated.
4. Keep it protected: Automatic watches are delicate and should be protected from impacts, extreme temperatures, and moisture. Avoid exposing your watch to water, and never wear it while swimming or doing water sports.
5. Keep an eye on the power reserve: The power reserve is the amount of time a watch can run without being wound. Most automatic watches have a power reserve of 40-50 hours, but it can vary depending on the watch. Be sure to check the power reserve regularly and wind your watch if necessary.
By following these tips and having your watch serviced regularly, you can ensure that your automatic watch will run smoothly and last for many years to come.
To find out more about servicing pop in store to talk to one of our watch makers, or send us an email via our contact form.
© 2023 Precision Watch Company.